*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/935971-I-know-its-tasty-because-the-Bible-says-so
Rated: ASR · Book · Paranormal · #2157704
I bet you thought it was: the lion will lie down with the lamb.
#935971 added June 10, 2018 at 9:38pm
Restrictions: None
I know it's tasty, because the Bible says so..


There was a steady rainfall on the humble Vigil abode.
"Oh, my God!" Freddy Vigil growled.
"What's wrong dear?" Lorry queried.
"Look at that!" Freddy pointed out the window.
His wife Lorry peered out and viewed their neighbors..

The neighbors were sacrificing a red heifer ..
There was a circle drawn about the heifer with small stones.
"Well, they are fundamentalist and that is ritual in the Old Testament."
Lorry winced as the heifer's throat was cut.
"If we weren't in Maine, that would be animal cruelty!" Freddy sipped his Coca~Cola.

"They'll use the meat for hamburger and steak." Lorry smiled ..
"Well, yeah, but I don't want to see animals slaughtered outside my window."
Freddy contemplated calling the police.
"I'm going to speak with them." he stated firmly and put on his galoshes.
Freddy threw on his yellow raincoat and hat.

Lorry watched from the window as Freddy spoke with their neighbors.
Gunther had slaughtered the heifer and held up it's severed head to Freddy.
Freddy stumbled backwards and gestured with his palms upward..
There was a crack of lightning strike nearby as Freddy walked backwards to his house.
"He's nuts! He said he could cut off my head for offending God." Freddy said to his wife.

"Should we call the police?" Lorry handed Freddy a towel as he took off his dickies.
Freddy yawned and wiped his face with the towel, "His wife said I could have some of the meat."
"She's very nice. We bake together sometimes." Lorry looked out the window; Gunther was moving the heifer;
he had hooked to a tractor.
"I don't think Gunther wants to take your head." Lorry's watched as Gunther dragged the heifer into the barn.

"He prays into his dead father's hat and God speaks to him from the hat." Freddy called the police.
"I guess Sheriff Taylor will reason with him." Lorry said and brought the dinner out.
Freddy sat down and thanked Lorry for the delicious roast beef..
"Aren't you going to thank God?" Lorry queried with a toothy smile.
Freddy scooped some mashed potatoes, "I thanked you and your God's cook."


<^><
© Copyright 2018 bob county (UN: muzzy43 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
bob county has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/935971-I-know-its-tasty-because-the-Bible-says-so