*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/936089-Dream-Come-True
Rated: E · Book · Personal · #2147746
Gettin' to know me.
#936089 added June 11, 2018 at 1:26am
Restrictions: None
Dream Come True?
Thanks to "The Bard's Hall Contest
for giving me the motivation to keep on top of this blog...at least for this month of June!


Invalid Photo #1052951


I have always had vivid, movie dreams. For the most part, I take these dreams as nonsense. Sometimes I'm able to use them as fodder for stories. However, every now and again a dream will follow me all day long.

The night before last I was dreaming something about a list. I've heard before that we aren't supposed to be able to read in our dreams. Not sure how true that is. At any rate, I've often been able to read things in my dreams.

I was only able to retain one word from the list when I woke: sorva

The memory of that word was so strong, I decided to look it up and see if it was a real thing.
Lo and behold, it was!


The dictionary says sorva is:
(1) couma
(2) the edible fruit of the couma
(3) the latex of the couma which yields a rubber

Invalid Photo #1052948
Couma aka Sorva


Upon further research I discovered that:


The sticky white latex is sweet and used for treating diarrhea (often mixed with manioc flour) and skin ailments. The latex is also used for patching canoes and other sealing needs. This tree was heavily exploited in the past because the latex was exported for use in plastics, wiring, golf balls, and rubber. The fruits are sweet, chewy and milky in taste. The fruit pulp is gummy and a favorite treat for children. (1)

I've heard that we only dream things that we've seen or heard about before. Perhaps my subconscious was hiding sorva in my mind because I don't remember ever hearing about this fruit before.

Why would I dream about this fruit? I keep thinking there must be a reason—a meaning—behind it. But what? Why would that one word on my dream list stick out? I know I'm going to have to let it go but, man, this really bugs me!!

On a similar note, I'm curious to find out how many other people can read in their dreams. And how about color? Am I an oddball because I dream in color? Perhaps I should create a poll here at WDC and have my husband, Mathaman, crunch the statistics for me. Hmmmm...


Edited to add: Here's the link to my dream poll! Can you read in your dreams?

"Invalid Item










(1) http://www.rainforestconservation.org/agroforestry-ethnobotany/agroforestry-ethn...

Photo from: http://www.rainforestconservation.org/agroforestry-ethnobotany/agroforestry-ethn...

© Copyright 2018 Genipher (UN: geniphery at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Genipher has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/936089-Dream-Come-True