*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/937148-Family-Life
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #2161749
Just shooting the poop with Lori
#937148 added June 30, 2018 at 2:01pm
Restrictions: None
Family Life
Life is sloppy and messy. And there are some people that cause you to dribble on your chin without you ever knowing. Somewhere in life, you have granted this person the power to reduce your thoughts and ideas to that of the child you once were. Being the baby in the family, I long ago acquiesced this control to my older siblings. Over the years, I grew to resent their treatment. I dealt with it by shoving my anger down my throat until the family gathering had concluded to keep the peace or conveniently working to avoid the get-together. It's not exactly a mature way to deal with the matter but as fearful as I was to confront the matter, they were just as resolute in their affinity to not change. Tradition is deeper than a holiday yule log or bird on Thanksgiving. Tradition is relationships and the building blocks they were built upon. Memories were made, but love and respect are earned. Stand up to be the adult you are. Forge new relationships with your siblings. Take back the power and reach out for them to accept the new you. Approval is no longer required, but kindness is the needed reservation for my party.

© Copyright 2018 L.A. Grawitch (UN: lgrawitch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
L.A. Grawitch has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/937148-Family-Life