*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/937153
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2131773
Charity's views on writing, ramblings, and everything else that she decides to share.
#937153 added June 30, 2018 at 4:18pm
Restrictions: None
Popping In
Remember how I said I wouldn't be a regular blogger? Well, I was certainly right about that, wasn't I? Seven months was a bit longer than even I anticipated. Life seems to move so fast right now. In January, I was promoted at work into litigation and an Office Manager role, which added to my workload substantially. Then in March, the real estate season started and I got super busy with that. My husband left his $70,000 a year job in February to take care of our two special needs kids because he wasn't going to be able to do trucking forever and my career has a better long-term outlook. So now, I'm working 16 hours a day typically six days a week between the two careers trying to keep us afloat financially. My daughter is about six months away from being diagnosed officially with Early Onset Paranoid Schizophrenia and has already qualified for SSI. I think about writing often, but it's usually with a longing, rather than the ability to sit down and do it. Then today I received an email about a contest with the Texas Observer and thought of my short story that I wrote last year. Last August. It's been almost a year since I won first place in the Short Shots contest. What a thrill that was (and still is!), to be recognized by peers I respect. So I logged in to Writing.com, and immediately realized my subscription will be ending in August and will need to be extended. How I wish I could get email notifications or copies sent to my inbox! I would probably remember to log in more often that way. Anyway, that's where I've been for the last seven months - working my little tail feathers off. I'm working to make enough money for us to buy our first house. I'm trying to earn $40,000 in commissions to put toward a house down payment. Fingers crossed we get there in the next year!

© Copyright 2018 Charity Marie - <3 (UN: cmstarrett at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Charity Marie - <3 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/937153