*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/937312-Kate-Spade-Purses-and-the-4th
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #1051691
It's about adventure! Life, Scouting, Family, writing what else is there?
#937312 added July 3, 2018 at 6:16pm
Restrictions: None
Kate Spade Purses and the 4th
Heck, I missed a day. What a bummer. *Sad*

Yesterday the family packed up and went to the Camarillo Outlets in Camarillo. I think I might have been over 10 years ago and I heard they had a Kate Spade outlet and I wanted a new purse for my birthday.

KATE SPADE
I'm not a purse person, so the first time I heard about Kate Spade was her recent death. She was in her 50's, I believe, and I had just turned 50. I googled her and got Wikipedia. "I wanted a functional bag that had some style," She said when she started her business in 1993. Eventually, Kate sold her shares in her start up after making it very successful. Still, I think the Nieman Marcus people kept the brand close to her intentions. I looked at some of the purses and I loved the look. They were smart, quirky, and fun. That's me in a nutshell. I knew I had to have a Kate Spade purse for my 50th birthday. I wanted to honor her talent. Such creativity. She was a true entrepreneur. And she hung herself. As I understand it she suffered from depression and anxiety. It broke my heart to hear someone with such vision was depressed to the point they committed suicide. I would like to urge anyone who is overwhelmed by depression or anxiety to seek professional help.

Kate, thank you for your designs, your inspiration, passion, and your creativity. I'm proud to have a Kate Spade purse.

Me and my purse.


EMAIL HELL IS GETTING BETTER/PUBLISHING UPDATE (KINDA)

Well, I've made a big dent in my 3300 plus emails - now I'm down to 1,000. I was able to find my RoR for my 99 cents stories with Victory Tale Press and I hope to submit soon to another publisher. There's still more to do so wish me luck.

4TH OF JULY IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER

And I'd like to wish you all a happy 4th. Last year, I was still the Cubmaster of Pack 40 and the Pack "marched" in the local parade. Actually, scouts had to ride bikes or ride in the trailer. Adults walked. My Assistant and I held the banner. It was kinda hot by the time we started which was around 10ish. The sun and the heat made for a draining event. Logistically, it's a lot to put together. This year, the family and I are heading to Pismo Beach. It's something different for us.

Here's some fun facts:


John Adams and Thomas Jefferson, 2 of our founding fathers, died on the same day - 4th July 1826. 50 years after the Declaration of Independence.

200 copies of the Declaration of Independence were drafted, but only 27 are accounted for.

Congress declared the 4th of July an official holiday - in 1870!

President Calvin Coolidge was born on the 4th of July - in 1872!

Benjamin Franklin was 70 years old when he signed the Declaration of Independence.

Really?? 87% of American flags are made in China. *RollEyes*

The Declaration of Independence was written on hemp paper.

It's all about the Fireworks! The 4th wouldn't be the 4th without fireworks. 97% of fireworks in the USA come from China. MORE *RollEyes*

Being a veteran, I'm proud to celebrate the 4th. I always buy Old Navy flag shirts for the holiday but they get cheaper and cheaper every year. Bless them. Anyone know if they're made in China? Sigh...

Happy 4th all!


© Copyright 2018 StephBee - GOT Survivor (UN: sgcardin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
StephBee - GOT Survivor has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/937312-Kate-Spade-Purses-and-the-4th