*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/937452-Negativity-is-not-necessarily-real
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#937452 added July 5, 2018 at 10:30am
Restrictions: None
Negativity is not necessarily real
I'm going to play catch up with this blog because I just read the directions in my email.


Manx Cat from Japan Morning Greetings!*PoseyR*


Wednesday: Write about the place where you go when you want to get away from life, pressure, work, family etc?

My key to dealing with stress is simple: just stay cool and stay focused. Ashton Eaton
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/topics/stress

I believe there is a way to stay cool and stay focused; but I don't always practice the above quote. Sometimes I yell. Loud.

Another quote about stress that can be quite annoying is : " God will never give you anything you can't handle." I believe that's true however, people will heap more on you, that you can't handle, than can ever be measured. Never blame God for what people are doing.

Personally, I go to a lot of places to contain the pressures of work , family, etc. I can always clean, read a book, surf on the web,or play a game on my kindle. I just found a new musical game that is strenuous but great. The app is called "Magic Piano Tiles" or I play word games, which fills my mind with words and strategy. I take walks with the dogs and soak up nature. I throw open a window and listen to bird song or I spend time researching life in the bible or filling the air with praise music, and try to spend some time in each day with mindfulness and meditation. And, I write my own stories sometimes. Now, I can write poetry because I have started learning how. the more I learn the more I realize how full life can be with wondrous entertainment.

Something I think is helping stress, in my home, is becoming aware of simplicity in life. Technology is an aid to this idea. After I became computer savvy and gained a kindle I realized some of the clutter just isn't needed. The more I simplify the easier house work, barn work, and yard work becomes. Now, the attic is cleaned out, nothing there except insulation. The upstairs is fairly clutter free as is the main floor. Now I am working on the basement more slowly, but surely it will become easier to handle soon.

I especially hate to have to scream and don't do it as much. We watched the USA Capitol celebration on TV last evening. The only place I like fireworks is on a TV screen so I can turn down the sound. Then I went to read and spent the rest of the evening listening to the fireworks in the neighborhood, reading a book, and comforting the pets as each sound blast reached us from outside. It did not last to late so that worked out nice.

Thursday: Tell us about your experience at Writing.Com. The laughs, the loves, the lights and the lows.

Writing.com is one of my go to places. My experiences are far more positive here than negative. I can learn here which is always a positive experience. Merit Badge in New Horizons Academy
[Click For More Info]

Congratulations on winning   Second Place   for your entry to the September third round of the   WdC Birthday Celebration Reviewing Event  .

I can practice writing and share my reading. Merit Badge in The Monthly Reading Challenge
[Click For More Info]

Congratulations for participating two months in a row in  [Link To Item #monthlyreading]  for 2018 *^*Bookopen*^*!

~Minja

I found early that there is a certain amount of protection here from crazy experiences. It is nice to talk and share with people who don't always believe the same thing. I can see the individuality here that is often absent in one on one contact with people.

There are so many things to do, if I could, I would be here more often and do more. I feel a more solid connection with people here than I do on Facebook. It is easier to interact and chose connections. *WDC* sent me a postcard, "surround yourself with people who believe in your dreams." It's good advice, not easy advice to follow, still I have a connection here.

As for negative experiences: Once someone hacked a story I started (I don't know if it was actually online yet) someone close, in the area where I live complained about the name I gave to a character. I believe it was "who names a character a name like that?" *Laugh* It made me laugh it still makes me laugh. I will note that I now know that the man I live with has someone who tells him what I write and how I interact on Writing.com.

I've had a few technical glitches but always get them solved by interacting with technical help. And, I personally am not always the most knowledgeable person about how to use this site. I've learned to look in WDC 101 or ask someone for help and get good answers. Even though I've been around for awhile, I was a slow starting newbie. I think the information and encouragement newbies now receive is getting better in the last few years.

Many times the negativity I see on and off WDC is from people who don't really understand how to write or what free speech is suppose to entail. Sometimes I write things for " newsfeeds" after the deadline is over. Newsfeed gives me good prompts.

Worse things may have happened but were all solved quickly so I never feel negative about them.

“I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.”
― Douglas Adams, The Salmon of Doubt https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/tag/writing

This catches me up until tomorrow Happy Writing as you move down the trail. {e:Flower
R}


© Copyright 2018 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/937452-Negativity-is-not-necessarily-real