*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
19
20
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/937794-Irony
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#937794 added July 11, 2018 at 11:22pm
Restrictions: None
Irony
Prompt: Write about ironic things that have happened to you or other people.

------------

If irony is something that’s contrary to what one expects, then those of us of the older set know that our need to use the bathroom flares up at the most inopportune times.

The best retorts to insults or answers to questions come to me much later after they are answered by others.

I sometimes get sick when I am about to go on vacation. If not me, it is my husband. So I am telling him, I’m never traveling again.

I also ask myself why my hubby wants to fix the outside porch’s fan and other stuff there just before the hurricane season. A hurricane’s very first damage is usually directed at the porches.

Then, I have sometimes felt that my dog understood me much better than my kids ever did.

We all need and want money, but when it comes to its wise use or at least the planning of it, most of us ignore it or we are at sea about the how to go about it.

I read somewhere that in one of the Webster’s dictionaries, more than 300 words were misspelled. Nice going!

Then, at the end of things, by the time we think we have finally figured life out, it is over or we are too old to care.

© Copyright 2018 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/937794-Irony