*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
19
20
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/937937-Goals-and-Obstacles
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#937937 added July 14, 2018 at 12:54pm
Restrictions: None
Goals and Obstacles
Prompt: “The real winners in life are the people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better.” -Barbra Pletcher
“Obstacles are things a person sees when he takes his eyes off his goal.” -E. Cossman


========

Yes, I agree with both thoughts, but only in general. When extreme situations arise and no way exists to make them any better, what can people do but escape or fight?

A good example to it is the predicament the German Jews found themselves in during the mid to late 1930s. They considered themselves German and didn’t see the danger ahead. In fact, they did try to make things better with the expectation that they could make them better. The rest is history.

We usually create goals for ourselves because goals keep our attention focused on the road to reaching them. I agree that small things like a dent on the road or someone pushing us from the back or sides shouldn’t make us stop, but what if there is a huge fire all over the road ahead of us? What should we do? Run into the fire and burn?

As I tried to say earlier, it all depends on the obstacle. Certainly, if there is even a tiny opening on the way to our goals, we should take it. If any opening doesn’t exist, what else we can do but take a roundabout route or find another goal?



© Copyright 2018 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/937937-Goals-and-Obstacles