*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/938637-Pride-Vanity-Prejudice
Rated: ASR · Book · Contest Entry · #1973909
Stories and other items for Valentines Day, Victorian Romance and Jane Austen Writing.
#938637 added July 26, 2018 at 3:57pm
Restrictions: None
Pride, Vanity, Prejudice
Prompt: "A person may be proud without being vain. Pride relates to more to our opinion of ourselves, vanity as to what we would have others think of us." Jane Austen What are your thoughts on this?

People have their pride and don't want others to think bad of them. Vanity is when you think you are beautiful and you have to act it and live up to it. This happens with the rich and some Hollywood people. Pride and Prejudice, Darcy thought he was better then some people and Elizabeth made him see this was wrong. He had his pride and vanity and he fell in love with Elizabeth and changed. I used to get upset when people acted like they were better then me and I had to act as good as them. I realize now, I don't have to be like that. I don't live in a big city by rich people. I live among farmers who think they are rich but I have a nice house {not Pemberly} and nice things and I worked for everything as does my husband. I do want to dress descent and act nice and be caring. I try not to be vain or proud. I go to Church and Bible Study and try to be a good person and not let snobs bother me. As long as we are trying to be honest, work, be kind to animals and people and not put on airs, we can do without vanity and pride. I have changed over the years. I hope to be a better person.

My Jane Austen Doll I ordered complete with P&P Book and Quill. One of my favorite items
© Copyright 2018 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/938637-Pride-Vanity-Prejudice