*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
19
20
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/938737-Duped-by-the-Moon
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#938737 added July 28, 2018 at 8:39pm
Restrictions: None
Duped by the Moon
Prompt: “The moon is a loyal companion. It never leaves. It’s always there, watching, steadfast, knowing us in our light and dark moments, changing forever just as we do. Every day it’s a different version of itself. Sometimes weak and wan, sometimes strong and full of light. The moon understands what it means to be human. Uncertain. Alone. Cratered by imperfections.” ~Tahereh Mafi
Your thoughts?


=============

Tahereh Mafi as a fiction writer may reflect on her own sentiments and project them on the moon. Yes, from the points she makes, the moon has human-like qualities, but as a dreamer or a fiction writer, I could look at any object, living or non-living, and ascribe to it human qualities, too, and this is fine as it sounds poetic.

Yet, the moon is a rock and is totally made up of materials that compose the rocks, some of which may be grated down or cracked to pieces, as the moon rock samples from the moon landings show. Then, even if the moon may understand what it means to be human, it doesn’t stop from emanating its operational frequencies that affect our minds, feelings, and desires.

Neuroscience has found out that the moon’s frequencies have the power to make the thoughts in our subconscious to surface to the conscious mind, and in doing so, mixing up the positives and negatives and the necessary with the unnecessary, to make us feel all mixed up. I believe this may be related to the same mechanism, the gravitational pull, of the moon that affects the tides on the oceans, and since the brain is kind of a moist organ, is it any wonder that it is thus affected?

Still, on the nights when there is a full moon, don’t we all stare at it to enjoy its brilliance?

From our vantage point, we can only see one side of the moon, just like meeting a person for the first time and not knowing what is hiding inside him or her. Then, we are all emotional about the moon, too, seeing its human face far up in the sky, and in our imaginations, we have adapted it to be our inspiration, so we can write our artsy, sentimental poems, myths, and romantic stories about it.

© Copyright 2018 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/938737-Duped-by-the-Moon