*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/938947-Noble
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #2161749
Just shooting the poop with Lori
#938947 added August 1, 2018 at 9:35pm
Restrictions: None
Noble
My name is Noble and I am a unicorn. Labeled imaginary, they say I am not real. Gaudy and pink, identified only as a child's fictional character. Glitter gushes, as I dance and prance. Showcased for parties, I am a hallucination of a child's wish. Mythically displayed for celebrations, I am just a figment. Pastel ribbons aplenty adorn my scalp. My spiral spur, believed to be the granter of wishes, is legendary. Flying through the air, as no other maned creature can, I am a fabrication. My castle in the sky is just an illusion. I am the dream of a thousand dreamers. I am the fable built on falsehoods. A creature of fantasy conjured in mystery, my existence is a fraud. Witnessed only in myth, so the story goes, there is more to me than anyone knows.

Strong and powerful, I am a steed. I am the reality. I am the goodness of truth. My soft glimmering mane is the tangible element of my life. The warm steam, that exits my snout, is proof of my presence. Kindness and love are the core of my essence. I survive in the hearts of all mankind and thrive with each good deed completed. I lie behind the smile of all exchanges. My spirit prevails where grace is permitted. I endure where unity abounds. I will remain for all that believe in the power of love. My existence is fact, with no room for fiction.

A child, bright and fair, wished one day upon a star. The sadness of the heart, her malady was clear. Worry lined her brow, as her future seemed unknown.

She was heard to say in a childish song,” Please unicorn, creator of dreams, come to me. Make this world a better place to be. Please grant to me, this most important of Birthday wishes.”

In swooped the unicorn, all shiny and bright, dancing with magic to the child’s delight.

“On this day, I grant your wish, for the love you will know, forever more. It is not a gift for you alone. Tasked you are to spread the love: share it wisely with others you meet. It takes the heart of a child to bring kindness about. It will grow and abound with each person you gift. In your heart lives the possibility of a better world. “

This small child grew to be a loving and caring person. Through one person at a time and one act of kindness at a time, she makes our world better.


© Copyright 2018 L.A. Grawitch (UN: lgrawitch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
L.A. Grawitch has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/938947-Noble