*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/940529-Colors
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#940529 added August 30, 2018 at 1:06pm
Restrictions: None
Colors
Prompt: "Color affects us emotionally, it evokes different feelings, represents memories and completely changes our spaces: it's a joyful thing we all interpret in unique ways." Louise Townsend Write anything you want about this.

---

On this, I’ll have to say, to each his own. I think this idea has to do with Newton.

Ever since Newton passed white light through a prism, it has been the honor and duty of all art teachers to teach the color wheel to their students. With all the importance given to the different colors then, isn’t it an expected result that they are considered—or imagined--to have separate and different effects?

Let’s take a look at the established psychology of colors:
White=-- purity, innocence
Black –-- evil, unhappiness (By the way, these top two colors sound racist to me)
Red—Love, excitement
Blue—Calmness, sadness
Green—envy
Yellow—warmth, energy
Purple—wealth, mystery
Brown—reliability, strength
Orange---enthusiasm, attention
Pink—romance, kindness

To tell the truth, I am not sure if any color evokes any such feeling or impact or if a feeling that it evokes is not the result of a national, religious, or tribal conditioning. After all, as humans, we are all suggestible.

Although in the distant past of humanity, older civilizations have used color therapy on patients, it is not a given that such therapy works in reality. After all, older civilizations believed in and prayed to false idols and natural things and phenomena.

Talking for myself, I love black and I wear it often. I also love blues, purples, and greens. For some things I like some colors, for other things other colors. It depends on where I want to use any color or colors. All colors are beautiful for me, and I believe my mood at the time affects the way I see any color, and not vice versa.



© Copyright 2018 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/940529-Colors