*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/940883-Dear-Carrie-and-family
Rated: E · Book · Emotional · #2093535
One man's journey to find the way home
#940883 added September 5, 2018 at 10:47pm
Restrictions: None
Dear Carrie and family
Dear Carrie and family,
I am writing to celebrate the wonderful dad you had. He is someone I will never forget. I remember mostly the balding head, pipe, with sweet smelling tobacco and the smile with the twinkle in his eyes. It seemed like he was always up to something and once you heard the whole story you could not help but laugh. When I came near to where he was on the way to visit I could not help, but smile, knowing something good was going to happen.

Memories come back in abundance. I remember how he loved to fix/repair things. George junior picked up on these skills. I was lucky to figure out where to put the oil. I was amazed at what he could do with broken tv sets. He and dad would go to the dump and look for treasures and I had the privilege on one of my trips to pick out some treasures for myself. I also was invited to ride one of the many bikes he was working on. And there were the talks about family history. He made me feel proud to be a Peterson. On another trip back east, dad told me to visit alone. I was not disappointed. He showed me a photograph and told me to look close and I could see his father looked just like me. All of a sudden I felt more a part of the family than ever.
One of the roles he played was that of Santa Claus. I could not even figure out enigma of Santa until I was in 4th grade. It was fun to see nana and eat all the fancy ethnic dishes, as long as re event took place.

© Copyright 2018 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/940883-Dear-Carrie-and-family