*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/941029-Five-days-of-prompt-answers
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#941029 added September 8, 2018 at 1:29pm
Restrictions: None
Five days of prompt-answers
Prompt: It's creative Saturday, folks. You've got the job of writing for a local newspaper about the soon approaching pumpkin festival.
------

Since it is the season for Fall Festivals, our news crew is now planning its annual trip to the Pumpkin Patch. We hope you accompany us, the crew of the PSL Gazette, for three days of pumpkin fun.

The Festival will be held during October 29, 30, and 31, mainly on the Village Square with all the local churches, schools, and other organizations in attendance. This yearly event will last for three days with games, crafts, and pony rides to the Jerry Johnston Homestead and Farm.

The Zombie Prom and the Super Spooky Halloween Dance will also be part of the Festival both to be held inside the Presbyterian Church on consecutive days.

Then, our Morningside Library is planning a pumpkin extravaganza, its details hush-hush, on the lawn in front of the library.

This year, the Mayor of PSL came up with a surprise addition, which knowing our mayor, is not a surprise as he is in the process of designing a Haunted House at the JZ Museum, where Halloween crafts and pumpkin-carving contests will be held. As you all know, our mayor loves to carve, especially our purses. Just kidding, folks!

Don’t let those freaky pumpkins go to waste. See you at the Festival!


Mixed flowers in a basket


Prompt: I don't know about you but there are never enough hours in a day. I came across this article. What appeals to you? Or do you have your own secret tricks to make your day longer?
https://www.thefactsite.com/2018/06/make-your-day-last-longer.html
---

None of the five options appeals to me for dipping in regularly, but they are all good to use when needed.

Fact is, I like the length of the days as they are. When a day feels elongated or shortened, I am out of sorts. For that reason alone, I dislike the twice-yearly time change, as in fall back, spring forward, even though it is just one hour.

On the other hand, I have some days, however rarely, that I wish would end so I can start the next day afresh.


Mixed flowers in a basket


Prompt: "In revisitation and remembrance, we bring back that which is not always fresh in the mind but always familiar to the heart." India Hicks What are your reflections on this?
---

I think she means this: When we value a memory, reminiscing it doesn’t quite match the real thing. For example, we may like a certain song, say Hey Jude by the Beatles, and recall it even with all its words, but it is not the same as hearing the Beatles sing it.

It is even worse when we don’t remember who the Beatles were. *Wink* *Rolling*

Mixed flowers in a basket


Prompt: What does it mean to be resourceful?
---

Being resourceful is thinking of the best way in a short time to handle a situation or a problem.

Then what a person doesn’t have on hand to use for a certain job, he or she can always substitute something else close by or easier to get. Ideas and people are also liable to be changed or substituted.

Mixed flowers in a basket


Prompt: Talking about word plays, Albert Einstein said, “Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.”
In what ways can you decipher this quote? Any additional ideas to it?

===

What counts or what is important to us counts, but not everything that may be deemed as being important by others can be important for us.

For example, seeing well, having a good eyesight, is important to me, but erasing the wrinkles around the eyes, although everyone is making such a racket about it, doesn’t mean a thing to me.



© Copyright 2018 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/941029-Five-days-of-prompt-answers