*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/941330-A-New-type-of-News
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #2161749
Just shooting the poop with Lori
#941330 added September 12, 2018 at 10:14pm
Restrictions: None
A New type of News
Lest we forget, there are so many beautiful people in this world. There are many people doing good things that you don't hear about. They are not the leading story on the news but are stuffed somewhere in the back. I would so much rather turn on the news to see the good being done the communities than a chalk outline of another life lost. I am not saying that the horrors that are happening should not be reported but being eased into it is much more palatable. Seeing other give of themselves and put themselves out there to help one another is a great way to start the day. It might just cause a little less animosity between people. It might provide a sense of hope that has been missing from our society. It might cause others to get involved, to rally around each other, and find solutions. If nothing else it might bring about dialogue. I am an optimist, a dinosaur, and a resolute dreamer. If I had the money I would open my own news station. I'd call it "Happy to be here and feeling fine.102". We would run more feel good news than drama and death. I would interview people that go to work each day, raise families, go to school, struggle to pay bills, enjoy their moments with loved ones, have faith, laugh, and help others. As mundane as it may sound, it is life. The good moments are meant to be shared.

© Copyright 2018 L.A. Grawitch (UN: lgrawitch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
L.A. Grawitch has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/941330-A-New-type-of-News