*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/941588-Adversity-all-Around
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#941588 added September 17, 2018 at 1:44pm
Restrictions: None
Adversity all Around
Both of my blog assignments today deal with overcoming adversity, which is a little ironic because I'm thinking of two people lately who are dealing with a great deal of adversity lately. Often times I feel at a loss to know how to help, cautious that any advice might touch off even more drama or trouble. I feel I can't do much more than listen and hope that all their stress will lead them to a better place where they are stronger together.

"Blogging Circle of Friends "
DAY 2129: September 17, 2018
Prompt: Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars. Khalil Gibran What do you think?


Gibran's quote rings very true to me. It seems like nothing else produces a better human being than the struggles they are forced to bear. History is filled with examples of men and women who overcame obstacles, from oppression and poverty to loss of sight or limbs, to rise up and become masters in their crafts, leaders among people and inspirations to millions. If a person is strong and self-possessed, it is as if adversity forces the very best characteristics to the surface.


"Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise"
DAY 1735-- September 17, 2018
Prompt: Jonathan Heimberg says, “Difficulty is the price we pay for everything worth having.”
Do you agree that every dream, goal, or thing worth having is designed to be difficult? If so, why?


I think by design, things that mean the most to us usually come with a price. Dreams require sacrifice in most instances and goals require a lot of work. It what we desired and dreamed of came to us easily, we would not understand how to appreciate it. I am hoping that my sister's upcoming wedding is everything she dreams of and her special day is well worth all the drama and strife her and her fiance are dealing with now. I hope their struggle just makes them appreciate their relationship more and that it strengthens their bond together. I feel for them both so much right now.

© Copyright 2018 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/941588-Adversity-all-Around