*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/941759-The-Color-of-Fire
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#941759 added September 20, 2018 at 8:03pm
Restrictions: None
The Color of Fire
Prompt: "Aflame in color, poets have written, borrowing the language of fire to describe trees in their full glory-fiery-red sweetgums, sugar maples igniting, birches alight in yellow flames. Okay, writers what are your views on this?

======

If this were a movie, it would be called a wide shot, with a poet sitting in the foreground and fiery words flying overhead clapping their red wings.

Of all the colors of fall, --gold, bronze, yellow, saffron, and orange--, red seems to stand out in representing fire, but fire has many different colors in it. Just light a match and watch. I always notice more bright yellows and oranges in a flame; then sometimes, even a bright blue color edges it.

Depending on the region, autumn can be fiery, icy, cold, warm or hot. We don’t have autumn leaves where I live now, but we did, many years ago, and those leaves and trees were stunning, but truthfully speaking, it was a backbreaking job to rake and bag all those leaves from a two-acre yard with about 200 tall deciduous trees of every kind. Still, I loved that house in the middle of the woods. It was like a bird’s nest. Of every house I ever lived in, that one still stands as my favorite.


© Copyright 2018 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/941759-The-Color-of-Fire