*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/941783-Another-Day
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #2161749
Just shooting the poop with Lori
#941783 added September 21, 2018 at 10:40am
Restrictions: None
Another Day
I wake up each day asking the question, "Where to now?" The obvious overdue tasks come to mind. I offer a friendly acknowledgment of their presence but seek a broader understanding of my mind's query. I search within the spiritual realm for comfort from the foreboding voice in my head. While this path provides calm, I receive no direct response leaving me to my wonderment.
My mind wanders to the philosophical meaning, with my thoughts turning to the advice set down by great thinkers throughout history. "To be or not to be?'" a previous question posed and answered. What would the world be without me? I attempt to imagine my family minus my presence. Sadness consumes me momentarily but in my minds video portrayal, I have made an impact. I have given love and have left them with the residue of that love and sense of family. I check in on my church family and friends as I dream of their life without me. Again I am touched by a sense of belonging and nostalgia. Through kindness and involvement, while I lived, my spirit lives on. I see the patients that I have cared for and know that I made a difference. I am left feeling accomplished but still, my question remains unanswered.

I turn to my love, my soulmate, and spouse of many years. "Honey, what does the question "Where to now" mean to you?

He hugs me tenderly and pats my face gently before answering. "It means get your ass out of bed. We got things to do, places to go, and people to see. Hurry it up!"

I see no other option but to comply and another day has begun!

© Copyright 2018 L.A. Grawitch (UN: lgrawitch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
L.A. Grawitch has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/941783-Another-Day