*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/942095-Havoc-of-the-hounds
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #2161749
Just shooting the poop with Lori
#942095 added September 27, 2018 at 3:54pm
Restrictions: None
Havoc of the hounds
Have you ever woken up to the hell and havoc of hounds? I work nights, thus making me a daytime sleeper. I wake for only two things fire and blood. My kids were taught that a long time ago, My pooches, however, have minds of their own. When you hear furniture flying across the room, it tends to rouse you from a peaceful slumber. This was my eye-opening experience today. I, of course, thought robbers had descended and were angry because my furniture did not measure up to their fancy. Now waiting in bed, fearful to exit the bedroom, your mind tends to fill with all kinds of random thoughts. None of which are good thoughts. The first thought is that they will be coming to kill you next. I quickly focus my plan of attack for when they come to me. It involves throwing shoes and furniture. There is the thought to climb out the window, but stickly thorny bushes below are not inviting. I have the phone on speed dial for 911.

Then it occurs to me that I have not heard the barking of my dogs. I am all at once angry and sad that the robber has chosen to harm my beasts. I run to open the bedroom door only to be greeted happily by the beasts I had so worried about. Entering my living room I find a large rocker recliner laying on its side, a coffee table tossed about the room, the shredded remains of a shoe box, and a newspaper that has been mangled beyond belief. I was pretty sure that robbers were not the culprits, as the dogs decided to hide when I found the mess.

This is not a good way to wake.

© Copyright 2018 L.A. Grawitch (UN: lgrawitch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
L.A. Grawitch has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/942095-Havoc-of-the-hounds