*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/942268-Wednesday-October-the-tenth---Freestyle-Brainstorm
Rated: 18+ · Book · Action/Adventure · #2169077
This novel isn't just a novel. It's also for the October Prep Challenge too.
#942268 added October 10, 2018 at 1:17am
Restrictions: None
Wednesday, October the tenth - Freestyle Brainstorm,...

Oct. 10: - General: Freestyle Brainstorm, World Building or Research ▼

Spend at least fifteen minutes clarifying things through "What If" brainstorming, mind mapping (see resources at the bottom of the calendar), freestyle writing, lists, drawings or research as follows:
World Building: For fantasy, science fiction, or other speculative fiction, develop the history, geology, ecology, and/or maps for your world.
I’m not sure if this is speculative fiction, but it’s not fantasy or science fiction. Some might think it’s fantasy because it’s about a tween and teen that doesn’t act their age, but I disagree. To me, it’s not whether they are tweens, teens, or adults, it’s whoever is in the story the most that is the main character, the protagonist. In this novel, that’s Jessica no matter what age she is.

As for the World Building, this novel doesn’t involve the world. It’s set in the United States. The second novel will involve the world, but like the first one no specific names of town, states, etc. will be named for these novels.

Research: For reality-based fiction, research aspects of your novel that will lend credibility to your writing.
True, I could use specific names for towns, states, etc. if I wanted to do it, but that would involve research, and I don’t like to do research. That’s why I like Science Fiction so much. I could also make up the name of these towns, states, etc. for these novels, but I have chosen not to do that either.


© Copyright 2018 PureSciFiPlus (UN: purescifi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFiPlus has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/942268-Wednesday-October-the-tenth---Freestyle-Brainstorm