*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/942273-Monday-October-the-fifteenth---Setting-Cultural-Setting
Rated: 18+ · Book · Action/Adventure · #2169077
This novel isn't just a novel. It's also for the October Prep Challenge too.
#942273 added October 15, 2018 at 2:51am
Restrictions: None
Monday, October the fifteenth - Setting: Cultural Setting

Oct. 15: - Setting: Cultural Setting ▼

Describe the cultural, political and/or religious setting in your novel, regardless of whether the cultural setting is fictional, historical, or modern.
(1) What do your societies believe?
We don’t know what Jessica believes in because we don’t see her going to church, getting politically active, etc. Most of this novel, if not all of it, Jessica is just trying to survive.
(2) In what practices do they engage?
It doesn’t look like Jessica has practiced any kind of religion. If she is, we don’t see it in this novel. Also, if she was what happens to her after she turns into a preteen and beyond probably discouraged her about it.
(3) What laws or rules of society are in place?
Of Course, there are laws and rules. Jessica just doesn’t follow them. When she’s a preteen she’s helping her father. During, her teen years she’s just trying to survive any way that she can while continuing to avoid Secret Location and Social Services. After she becomes an adult it’s Secret Location and the law that are trying to find her.
(4) Who/what enforces the laws and rules and how successful are they?
In the first half of the novel Social Services is trying to enforce them. They are only trying to help Jessica. At least that’s what they say they want to do. In the second half, it’s the law who is involved in Jessica’s life. First, they want to know what she knows about why and who is trying to kill her aka Secret Location. Then they want to stop her from doing any more killing.
(5) What technologies are in use?
There is very little technology in this novel. After all, it’s set in the twenty-one years of Jessica’s life.
(6) How does the setting impact your protagonist(s) in their pre-story lives?
Very little of Jessica’s life before this novel is known. Some of it will be reveal within this novel, but there is still a lot we don’t know about her before this novel begins.
(7) How does the setting impact the plot of your story?
Jessica moves around a lot in this novel. During her preteen and teen years, it’s within the same large city. Where this city is and how big it is isn’t revealed to protect the innocent as well as the guilty. After she becomes an adult is when she does most of her moving.


© Copyright 2018 PureSciFiPlus (UN: purescifi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFiPlus has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/942273-Monday-October-the-fifteenth---Setting-Cultural-Setting