*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/942386-Take-time-and-make-time
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #2107938
A new year, a new blog, same mess of a writer.
#942386 added October 1, 2018 at 8:24pm
Restrictions: None
Take time and make time.
Date: 10.01.18 -- Day 87 ("30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS -- Day 1)
Music: "Broke" / Samm Henshaw


*BurstBL* Prompt -- What are your goals for October? *BurstBL*


Autumn has swept its way into the Pacific Northwest. The rain trickles outside my apartment window, and the grey clouds of the recent storm make it seem more like evening than early afternoon. Fall is my favorite of seasons. It eases my heart in ways the other seasons cannot seem to. So all of these lovely autumnal things would usually be delightful if it wasn't for the stack of paperwork flooding my desk. Is it too much to ask for sweater season not to be so clutter inducing and havoc making? Sigh...

Goals are lovely. They are great ways of getting projects done. I use them a lot with my students. And yet, every time I post goals, it has the unintended effect of killing the thing I want to accomplish. I have no idea why. But suddenly the goal that I set out to accomplish becomes the highlighted effort that I have once again failed at. It's bizarre for sure. And vastly annoying. So my goal is to kill my goals curse.

How? I have absolutely no idea, LOL.

I'm going to try and keep things simple as I have been swamped with work and other family obligations while fighting the remnants of a cold. My hope is to blog as much as I can for the unofficial blogging month of October. It's helpful to spill the things that keep clamoring inside of me to get out. I'm going to try and make this as off-the-cuff as possible. No overthinking. No plotting and twisting. Just writing for the prompt with the first thing that comes to mind. My second hope (see, not using the cursed word again; I will break this thing) is to participate in OctoPrep. All my constructing efforts will have an outlet somewhere else. Hopefully.

So here's to a solid month of blogging and curse breaking. Happy autumn everybody. *LeafO*






© Copyright 2018 LdyPhoenix (UN: ldyphoenix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LdyPhoenix has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/942386-Take-time-and-make-time