*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/942452-October-Nights--Chasing-the-Flame
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#942452 added October 2, 2018 at 12:07pm
Restrictions: None
October Nights & Chasing the Flame

Blog City
DAY 1751--October 2, 2018
Prompt: “Sometimes it is good to fly close to the flame, see and experience the heat, but then fly away again, to survive, to be wiser in the art of heat.”Robert Black
What does “to fly close to the flame” remind you of?


I used to have a friend who was an adrenaline junkie. He loved to live life close to the edge, a little to close to the flame. He would tell you it was because life was short, that you had to take chances to really experience life. He lived fast and hard. To his credit, he was a guy that was larger than life. He filled up a room with his sense of adventure and his mere physical presence. It would often make me question my more conservative choices made in my own journey of life...was I leaving something on the table? Was I playing it too safe and missing out on something? What I hadn't realized at the time that while he was chasing adventures, he was also running from his own demons. Those demons eventually caught up with him and he was lost too soon.


Blogging Circle of Friends
DAY 2144: October 2, 2018
Prompt: What is the best thing about October?

October is a month ripe with lovely things from pumpkin patches and hayrides to harvest festivals and full moons. By far the best thing October offers are those chilly autumn nights when the sky is that mysterious shade of purple and the bonfires crackle and spark sending the embers up into the heavens. They are the kind of evenings that invite you to sit around, wrapped in oversized sweatshirts sipping goblets of red wine or hard cider, laughing with friends. Those the the nights that feel full of promise, the harbingers for the holiday season to come. Halloween would be a close second - a magical night when you can be something creepy, sexy, scary....whatever inspires you, for a few brief hours. It is a wonderful month, one of my most favorites here in my corner of the world.

© Copyright 2018 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/942452-October-Nights--Chasing-the-Flame