*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/942520-Plotting-Along
Rated: ASR · Book · Educational · #2170803
Here are my prep activities before NaNoWriMo begins for 2018.
#942520 added October 6, 2018 at 11:24am
Restrictions: None
Plotting Along
Matthew Marks is a preacher, but how did he become one? Is he finally one, yet? What more is necessary to turn this very flawed human soul into God's man for a certain group of people?

Setting: The story takes place in the town of B'Lieve in the state of Mente on the planet of ZoNed 4. The congregation worships every eighth day, due to the rotation of this homeworld, which creates an eight-day week. The church of note, where they worship, is Leaning Arms Fellowship.

The main character is Matthew Marks, the pastor of Leaning Arms Fellowship.
The supporting cast includes his brother, Straightway Marks, who tends to be rather legalistic in his application of the Christian life, and "Dread Chick" Marks, whose given name is Artista.

Flaw: Matthew Marks is a bit of a Pollyanna at heart, which means that he is not prepared when Life finally does hit him full in the face.

Goal: Matthew wants to nail-down a rock-solid faith after a series of events rocks his world to the core. He hates to be afraid. He wants to create a world that is a "sure thing," while avoiding anything that would disturb his peace.

Conflict: Life is not nearly so easy to define and problems are not nearly so simple to avoid as he demands in his Comfort Zone.

Antagonist: The arrival of his lifelong nemesis, Lazarus Watyudid, throws the events of his life into a tailspin along with his now nonexistent self-concept, which has been compounded by a sea of doubts.

Story Description: "Matthew Marks, the once happy-go-lucky son of a Baptist preacher, has chosen to become the tenth in a long line of Baptist preachers. All is well until his understanding of how God works in the lives of Christians is shaken to the core at the loss of his mentor-father and his dearest of all friends, his loving wife. How will Life ever make sense, again?"

Here is yet another signature, that has been provided for me by my good friends, WS & GG.
Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.
© Copyright 2018 Jay O'Toole (UN: 777stan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jay O'Toole has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/942520-Plotting-Along