*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/942576-Apples-and-Dalh
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#942576 added October 3, 2018 at 3:20pm
Restrictions: None
Apples and Dalh
"Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise"
Day 1752 October 3, 2018
Prompt: "The true painter strives to paint what can only be seen through his world." Andre Malraux Do you think this applies to writers and words as well as painters? Write anything you want about this.


I had wanted to tackle today's prompts over lunch but I was greeted by a headline, which in turn, inspired a blog of a wholly different variety which took a surprising amount of time to get out...this one had to do my rage justice. I'm feel like I'm still suffering the aftershocks as I am trying to write this one. These days I rarely have the time to blog outside the prompts but when I do, it is usually because something has hurt or enraged me or otherwise affected me deeply enough to wake the muse. It is an important issue however, one that so many (far too many) women are dealing with in our world today. That blog can be found here:

http://mdmaurice.blogspot.com/2018/10/what-she-remembers.html And fair warning, it contains adult themes and language that may trigger some women.

Now back to the true painter...

I believe some of the best writers write about things they know intimately. Their knowledge and authority gives their work an authenticity that is engaging for readers. As much as some writers are gifted and dedicated researchers, one can never learn about something enough to surpass actually living it. That being said, then there are wonderful writers who craft from imagination and fantasy.

Roald Dahl crafted an eccentric madman in Willy Wonka that fascinated millions of readers. His descriptions of the chocolate river running through the factory or the inventive ways he dispatched the troublesome brats lent themselves to vivid images and left an indelible mark. In much the same way, Wonderland became a real place for me as a child, a marvelous up-side-down land where flamingos made excellent crochet mallets and a Red Queen ran amuck. Some writers strive to "paint" more than what can be seen and to do so with words is a fine craft indeed.

"Blogging Circle of Friends "
DAY 2145 October 3, 2018
Write a poem or story about your favorite autumn activity. Apple picking, pumpkin picking, carving, baking, going on foliage tours... you tell us.


I seem to be writing an awful lot about autumn these days. I can't complain because I wake with delight on these frosty Fall mornings and look forward to the weekends full of seasonal traditions and activities. By far one of my most favorite things to do is go apple picking at a local orchard. It sits on top of a small hill and once the leaves chance, the views are really lovely. You ride the wagon to the designated self-picking areas and load up on a variety of apples. Of course the real treat are the apple cider donuts we get after. They are crispy on the outside, delicate and moist inside. They are sweet and leave a tasty residue of sugared cinnamon on your lips after consuming one. I love the piles of gourds and pumpkins and the tables of colorful mums set in rows. It is a near perfect seasonal destination.

© Copyright 2018 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/942576-Apples-and-Dalh