*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/942620
Rated: ASR · Book · Educational · #2170803
Here are my prep activities before NaNoWriMo begins for 2018.
#942620 added October 4, 2018 at 2:37am
Restrictions: None
Could It Be?
The themes of my novel, The Making of a Preacher, are...

1. Life has a profound meaning.
2. Humans have exquisite value.
3. God is required to exist in order for anything to have meaning and value.
4. Even the pain that humans experience in Life points to the deep-seated Knowledge in the human core that Life was originally-created Perfect and that the totality of material existence was broken by human thoughtlessness and disobedience.
5. Only God can fix what we've broken, and He has already done that in Finality.


The moral of the story is expressed best in the words of Matthew Marks, himself. "No matter how much I've doubted, no matter I have spit venom in The Lord's direction, and no matter how far I have roamed in search of some answer, (actually, any answer that wasn't Him,) I do believe that Jesus is The Christ, the Son of The Blessed, and that in Him I have life and that abundantly."

The problems are...

1. Life doesn't make sense. I really need for Life to make sense.
2. Trusting Jesus as my personal Lord and Savior is really hard. How do I know when I've completed the transaction?
3. Losing someone that I love dearly hurts more than I know how to express. How can a so-called "loving" God do something that feels so much like hate, and still expect me to believe that He loves me with an inexpressible and infinite Love?
4. If I lose faith, if I give up on God, if I decide to hate everything and everyone, including myself, does God ever lose me, if I have at some point entrusted my very being into His care?
5. Is God ever frightened by the things that I feel in my heart? Or is He really, ( and I mean REALLY) the Father that He says He is, Who weeps with Joy over His dearly beloved child at the very same time that one of us is beating on His chest with all of our strength?


The Resolution, the Solution seems to be in the question. Like Michael Card so brilliantly expressed these thoughts in his great song, "Could It Be?", "Could it be You make Your Presence known so often be Your absence? Could it be that questions tell us more than answers ever do? Could it be that You would really rather die than live without us? Could it be the only answer that means anything is You?"



Here is yet another signature, that has been provided for me by my good friends, WS & GG.
Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.
© Copyright 2018 Jay O'Toole (UN: 777stan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jay O'Toole has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/942620