*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/942754-So-show-me-family-all-the-blood-that-I-will-bleed
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #2107938
A new year, a new blog, same mess of a writer.
#942754 added October 7, 2018 at 5:55am
Restrictions: None
So show me family; all the blood that I will bleed.
Date: 10.05.18 -- Day 90 ("30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS -- Day 5)
Music: "Ho Hey" / The Lumineers


*BurstO* Prompt -- Write about the person that has had the biggest impact on your life. *BurstO*

Without hesitation, the person who has the biggest impact on my life is my mother. Her guidance, her warmth, her determination, her strength to survive - I would not be here without her. If I did not have her unconditional love, I would be a vastly different person. She has become my best friend.

The thing about my mom is that she has this light, this aura about her that brings out the softness in everyone. It's as if her soul was a star, so full of brightness. She hasn't had the easiest of lives, and yet she still holds hope in things working out for the better. Thinking back on all the things she has had to overcome, the figurative mountains she's had to climb - raising my brothers and me practically on her own, the early death of her brother, her degenerative illnesses - I do not how she has done it, and I can only hope that one day I'll get a fraction to her level.

My mom is the best. I'm unbelievably lucky to be her daughter.



© Copyright 2018 LdyPhoenix (UN: ldyphoenix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LdyPhoenix has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/942754-So-show-me-family-all-the-blood-that-I-will-bleed