*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/942992-So-many-different-people-to-be
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #2107938
A new year, a new blog, same mess of a writer.
#942992 added October 8, 2018 at 11:04pm
Restrictions: None
So many different people to be.
Date: 10.08.18 -- Day 93 ("30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS -- Day 8)
Music: "Season of the Witch" / Donovan


*BurstV* Prompt: October 8 is the second Monday of October, which makes it National Kick Butt Day. How did you/will you kick butt today? *BigSmile* *BurstV*



I'm not sure that I kicked butt today so much as it kicked mine.

There were plans for today like many previous Mondays before it. Last night I had set out to fortify myself by prepping for the upcoming week. And like many things in life, I woke up this morning to Monday cackling in my face, poking me in the forehead as it laughed at my hubris.

Living with a disease that involves chronic pain and an array of other fun symptoms is hard to describe. One of the biggest things is coping is the unpredictability of it all. Last night wasn't the greatest night, but it wasn't the worst night either. However, this morning I woke up to the feeling that I had gone twelve rounds with my elder brothers and inevitably lost the fight. It's like the day after the first practice of basketball season where coach thought everyone looks too weak so the whole two hours are just repetitive drills, on steroids. It's the feeling on the afternoon after jumping on a trampoline for seven hours straight in the summer sun with only pop and birthday cake running through your system - minus the fun. I woke up cursing as I realized that all of my lovely, lovely plans slipped out of my seized hands.

So the plan for this morning was scrapped when I finally, literally crawled out of bed. Appointments and students were rescheduled. Bodies were painfully stretched. Food still hasn't happened yet, at least not for me, but I was able to gather enough strength to throw myself into the shower until some of the muscles in my back and thighs untangled themselves and the hot water ran out. It was a true blessing that coffee was already made the afternoon before. It wasn't pretty, but it was done.

Scrapped plans aside, today is about accomplishing things, no matter the size of said thing accomplished. So to the things I got done: I got out of bed this morning. I was still able to take care of my mom. Dinner made it in the oven tonight. A shower happened. OctoPrep assignment was completed. Editing for my students is mostly done as my head is still fuzzy around the edges. I can actually stand up now and my fingers have loosen up enough for me to type this. Not what I had planned, but there are still things that got checked off the list.

Maybe I didn't kick today's butt, but I went toe-to-toe with it. Haphazardly. With gritted teeth and hobbled muscles. Still, I was able to stand up today; I'll take it.

© Copyright 2018 LdyPhoenix (UN: ldyphoenix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LdyPhoenix has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/942992-So-many-different-people-to-be