*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/943169-Children
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #2161749
Just shooting the poop with Lori
#943169 added October 10, 2018 at 9:00pm
Restrictions: None
Children
I have three children, three children have I. They share the same parents and grew up in the same exact house. They are as different from each other as they could possibly be. Through the years, when they were kids, that fact caused some controversy or hurt feelings. You can't possibly solve the same problem or fix a booboo the same way for each child. What works for one will most certainly not work for the other. You raise them to be free-thinking individuals or at least that is the goal There are battles and heartaches along the way but the love is the reward.

My oldest child, a boy, shares my weird sense of humor and is more laid back. He has a huge heart and is a diligent hard working man. He is into computers and very logical like his father. I love talking to him. He actually misses us when he doesn't get to see us every week. He never complains about what is going on his life. My second child, a girl, is a singer, dancer, and choreographer. She is very artistic and creative. She also has an A-type personality, like her father, always eager to do bigger and better things. That's not a bad thing, I just worry about her wearing herself out, she demands too much of herself at times. I am always amazed at her talent and that is not just a mother speaking. My third child, a boy, is still in high school, so it is still early to tell what his plans will be. I know that he is very loving and kind. I know that the manners we taught stuck. At home, we might roll our eyes at lack of energy or eagerness to help but parents are constantly telling me how sweet and thoughtful that he is. He is funny in a quirky way. He is becoming more confident and willing to try different things. He is not as shy as he once was. He is good with his hands and building. He is not a big fan of school so that is an everyday battle but he is very smart. He just doesn't know how smart. He loves bowling and is very good at it.

A parent is often asked if you loved your kids equally or if you have a favorite. My answer to that is that my love knows no bounds. It is as huge, diverse, wonderful, unique, and all-encompassing as it needs to be for the unique and diverse people that they are. I could not feel more blessed to be their mother.

© Copyright 2018 L.A. Grawitch (UN: lgrawitch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
L.A. Grawitch has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/943169-Children