*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/943313-The-Big-Put-Off
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1196512
Not for the faint of art.
#943313 added October 13, 2018 at 12:22am
Restrictions: None
The Big Put-Off
I've been meaning to get around to reading these two articles:

https://medium.com/taking-note/rewire-your-brain-to-beat-procrastination-30b7d17...

But procrastination can lead to negative consequences, from mental fatigue to missed deadlines that frustrate my manager. How did I become addicted to something so potentially destructive? And how do I recover for the sake of productivity? The answer to both questions is the same: neuroplasticity.

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/6-different-ways-youre-procrastinating-an...

Occasionally, theories crop up that procrastination isn’t all bad.

Can’t it be useful sometimes to wait until midnight to start on homework that’s due the following morning? Doesn’t a tight deadline motivate you to work faster and more efficiently?

To fully answer that question (which is “no”) it’s necessary to understand what scientists refer to as “delays.”


One of these days, I'll finish reading them.

What worries me more, though, is that they cropped up on a list of recommended sites for me. Said recommendations usually include articles about things like upcoming superhero movies, the benefits of drinking, information about cats, and the latest discoveries in science. In other words, they know me so well.

So why am I suddenly getting crap about procrastination? Are they just now getting around to realizing this fundamental aspect of my character?

Eh, whatever. I'll figure it out some other time.

© Copyright 2018 Robert Waltz (UN: cathartes02 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Robert Waltz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/943313-The-Big-Put-Off