*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/943661-Honoring-a-Fallen-Officer
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #2161749
Just shooting the poop with Lori
#943661 added October 18, 2018 at 12:09am
Restrictions: None
Honoring a Fallen Officer
Another police officer shot and killed with the loss felt across the country. It is a devastating day for a family, the police department, and a community. Dire are the consequences to society when one person of service is silenced. At first glance, it seems a mere drop has evaporated from a very large pond but it is the quality of its contents that is lessened. One sweet drop of goodness gone far too soon from this earth, at a time when so much of it is needed. A man devoted to the protection of his city stripped away from his loving family, is indeed a heartbreaking story. But beyond that is what it means for all of us. We have again lost one more person that was dedicated to fighting the good fight. The bullets of the criminal carved away at the essence of goodness but standing together to honor the fallen offers resolve. It is how we carry forward with the memory of a police officer, a husband, a father, a son, a friend and a human being that heals. Avoid a fight of politics and anger. Instead, voice support of the people left behind to mourn. Stand proud next to his comrades that remain. Keep fighting the good fight as he did.

© Copyright 2018 L.A. Grawitch (UN: lgrawitch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
L.A. Grawitch has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/943661-Honoring-a-Fallen-Officer