*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/943702-Lessons
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #2161749
Just shooting the poop with Lori
#943702 added October 18, 2018 at 4:44pm
Restrictions: None
Lessons
Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. Soren Kierkegaard

Above is the famous quote that I once read and it comes to mind today. Perspective is a teacher unto itself. I grasp that more each day as I watch my kids work their way through the start of their adulting. I know things that I don't even remember where I learned them but they remain buried in my head. Some of the facts stuffed in this old brain are useless and the basis of a personal opinion imparted by someone I admired, my mother. The funniest thing she told me in an adamant tone during our time together was that I should only use red potatoes. I remember trying to pass that tidbit onto my daughter and her questioning me about the reason. When I thought about it, I realized I had no clue of why only red potatoes were to be used. It was just a belief that my mother held dear and was probably passed onto her by her mother. I have since tried other potatoes, but guess what? I like the flavor found in red potatoes best.

I digressed into a potato field somewhere! My point is this, looking back is fun but looking forward offers opportunity. Growth comes from refusing to remain stagnate. Learn the lessons from the past with an open heart to embrace the future. I pray that I have somehow imparted that little tidbit onto my kids. I want them to reach the stars but be grounded in faith and family. I hope the lessons I taught are centered around the truly important things that life holds.

© Copyright 2018 L.A. Grawitch (UN: lgrawitch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
L.A. Grawitch has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/943702-Lessons