*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/944137-normals
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Rhyssa
Rated: NPL · Book · Personal · #2150723
a journal
#944137 added October 24, 2018 at 11:59pm
Restrictions: None
normals
The new normal. You have something devastating happen to you and you have to get your life back to normal. Have you ever had a new normal?

Yes. That’s the short answer, but the longer answer is yes, I have. Over and over. The biggest new normal that I’ve had to live with for the past ten years is the diabetes. Overnight I had a new way of eating, a new medication, a new set of markers that guided my days, new habits, new obsessions. And it was a definite lifestyle change. I had to do it because what I had been doing in the past was obviously not working any more.

But there have been others. Every time I move, there’s a new house, new friends, new room, new town, new library. Going to college for the first time was a new normal. Coming back home after living in England for eighteen months. Going to England. My life has been filled with change. Right now, my normal involves seven children and sleeping on the couch.

Who knows what my next normal will be?

© Copyright 2018 Rhyssa (UN: sadilou at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rhyssa has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/944137-normals