*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/944218-Donner-Pass-Road
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#944218 added October 26, 2018 at 8:51am
Restrictions: None
Donner Pass Road
I haven't gotten to the DMV yet. Maybe today. Yesterday I worked on the sliding door to my van. Last hear I hit the sliding panel with my lawnmower... duh! I thought the easiest way to fix it would be to buy a new door from a salvage yard. No luck there. Then I saw a video of a guy who has a mobile body man come out and fix a deep scratch on his rear quarter panel. I can do that ... so I borrow a pin stud welder from my friend and go to work. First the paint has to come off so I went to ACE hardware and got an abrasive wheel for my drill. I chucked it in and took off the paint. The spot welder needs a bare metal surface for the ground to work. Once the pins were stuck in place there is a slide hammer that attaches to the shaft which can be used to pull the sheet metal back into shape. This is where I am now... my van door looks like a porcupine... Today I will continue on with that project and try and get a bit more completed.

I've found that finding time to complete an "Overwhelming A" task is best approached by breaking it down into small manageable tasks. So getting the paint off and fixing the spot weld pins are two steps in a long list that needs to be sequentially done. This is especially true with electrical wiring. Each circuit has to be examined individually or I soon become immersed in information overload. So this is where I am on that one.

I try and walk two miles a day with my dogs. There is a road out in front of my farm I call "5 Car a day road," Thats what I named it twenty years ago when I retired to my great-grandfather's farm. These days there are probable fifty or more cars a day that drive past and instead of being the only house on a three mile stretch there are now eight houses. The road meanders through a bluff where the Indians used to winter and a hiker can still find arrow heads. I call the bluff stretch "Donner Pass Road." The reason for the name is that when I first moved here a heavy snow would block the road for days on end until the snow plow got around to digging us out. Since there were no school children age youngsters on the road, our priority for plowing was lower than whale poop... and everyone should know how low that gets.

Am I rambling? I suppose I am but... many prefer it to my political commentary. Anyway, today is Friday and I've a lot to do.

© Copyright 2018 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/944218-Donner-Pass-Road