*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/944738-Attention-Elsewhere
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #2156493
A hub for the "Book of Masks" universe.
#944738 added November 2, 2018 at 2:30pm
Restrictions: None
Attention Elsewhere
So, I can tell you guys what the schedule looks like now, as I've written through the plot point that I intended to reach when I started this branch. That climactic chapter will (assuming I remember) be published on Monday; Saturday and Sunday will bring additional chapters as well. After that, it'll be a month at least before I publish here again.

Judging by the stats, this has not been a very popular branch, but I knew going in it wouldn't be. It was commissioned from a set of low-popularity choices, and M2M branches are always less popular than the M2F ones. But I have to say that I have really enjoyed writing it. I was commissioned to do so with the explicit request that Seth Javits get some more development. I don't know that I've gone as in depth with him as one might. But I've been as true to the character as my intuition tells me he is, and I rather like that he doesn't seem like an a*****e on inside as much as he is one on the outside.

I've also enjoyed getting some practice at building crises. I don't know how apparent it is to you, the readers, for whom the idea of a "climactic crisis" might mean something more comic-bookey, like the threat of imminent extinction at the hands and jaws of some giant purple planet eater. But I do feel like I did succeeded in putting Will/Seth into deeper and worse trouble in almost every chapter as a result of his choices. Some of the credit here has to go to the voters, though, who really did make a fantastic choice in the one vote I gave you, which led to a hard conflict between Cindy and Caleb.

I might have some more to say about this branch, and the choices I made, when we reach the end.

© Copyright 2018 Seuzz (UN: seuzz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Seuzz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/944738-Attention-Elsewhere