*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/945010-Division-or-Salvation
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#945010 added November 6, 2018 at 8:39am
Restrictions: None
Division or Salvation?
30 Day Blogging Challenge
PROMPT November 6th
Talk Tuesdays are an opportunity for bloggers to share their opinions and engage in meaningful dialog with those you may not agree with. It is especially important to remember to comment! The judges are checking! Today, share your opinion on cloning (animal or human). What about if human tissue is used to create artificial organs for transplant? Share your thoughts!


I have to sit with this one a bit longer...I'm torn on the issue. The part of my heart that is bound to science and all it's potential says why not? That is what scientific and technological advancements are for, it is one of the many benefits of scientific research. If cloning can save someone on the transplant list, why wouldn't we develop the tools to make it possible? However, the other half of me says that this kind of power could easily be abused and corrupted. If you follow the natural thread of human nature, how often does it lead to someone with impure intentions, someone who would exploit such technology for their own gain? If collective human nature could be trusted to be purely altruistic, then something like cloning could serve the population in innumerably valuable ways. However, there are enough examples in history to prove that there is always the risk of corruption and greed taking over, turning this into another way to divide us across our diversity. The topic on the whole makes me sad, perhaps because today is election day and I'm already feeling the divisions in the country so acutely at all levels.

© Copyright 2018 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/945010-Division-or-Salvation