*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/945210-Writing-with-Scale-in-Mind
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#945210 added November 9, 2018 at 8:54am
Restrictions: None
Writing with Scale in Mind...
30 Day Blogging Challenge
PROMPT November 9th
Did you know? The veins of a blue whale are so wide, a 3 year old child could swim through them? Spend your blogging time today thinking about size. Scale is important in writing - how do you use it? If you're up for it, try examining something extremely small and describing it as if it were the size of a car. Can you get your readers to guess what you're describing?


For some reason I am finding these challenge prompts to be very taxing on my muse lately. This one comes as no exception. Size isn't something I spend a lot of time thinking about, at least not in sense of the physical scale of things. As far as describing something small that's the size of car...well I will give that a shot but I'm not overly optimistic *Worry* .

The sun was rapidly waning, giving over to the painted summer evening sky in small increments of diminished light. Even as it sank, several stubborn rays clung to the hem of her stiff skirt, setting all the tiny crystals ablaze with its light. The setting sun moved across her petite frame like a loving shadow, as she turned smoothly on one delicate toe. The music that had played once played so robustly, too seemed to be fading with the daylight. The chords seemed to stretch and then die out as the notes dropped off as if with the day. The square where she performed had emptied as well. People and their packages rushed away, off to their winter night lives. Free from their admiring gazes, she longed to lower her arms and relax her posture. She wanted more than anything, to open her angelic eyes and watch the sunset. She indulged the fantasy of tossing off the rigid headpiece, shaking her long hair free and climbing down from the pedestal to stand on the cold stone in flat, bare feet.

Any guesses?

© Copyright 2018 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/945210-Writing-with-Scale-in-Mind