*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/945530-Loves-Lessons-Learned
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1196512
Not for the faint of art.
#945530 added November 14, 2018 at 12:13am
Restrictions: None
Love's Lessons Learned
Everything I needed to learn about love, I learned in kindergarten.

I suppose it would be more accurate to say that everything I should have learned about love.

See, there was this girl, Connie. At recess (or whatever they called it in kindergarten) I'd sit on a bench because I didn't know what else to do. Connie would come over, sit next to me and hold my hand.

It was nice.

This went on for, I don't know, days? Weeks?

And then, one day, I saw Connie sitting on the bench with Troy, holding hands.

Reflecting back on this now, as a grown-ass adult, I see a pattern that changed only in the details.

You know how some (most?) guys, they'll meet someone, and their minds immediately skip ahead to the part where they're boning? I don't mean in kindergarten, you pervert; I mean as an adult. Anyway, me, my mind skips ahead to the part where she ends up on the bench holding hands with some other guy.

And so I don't date anymore. What's the point? It's only going to end badly.

© Copyright 2018 Robert Waltz (UN: cathartes02 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Robert Waltz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/945530-Loves-Lessons-Learned