*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/945971-Christmas-Movies-from-the-Past
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#945971 added November 21, 2018 at 8:59am
Restrictions: None
Christmas Movies from the Past
30 Day Blogging Challenge
PROMPT November 21st
Is there a TV show/movie/book from your childhood that you still enjoy today? Tell us why it resonates with you.


It may just be the seasonal nostalgia, but the classic Christmas movies I watched as a child, still number among my most favorites. I loved introducing my daughter to the original animated Grinch, or those quirky stop-action clay films like Rudolph and Frosty. She loves them, will watch them eagerly year after year. Recently we watched the original "A Christmas Story" and she laughed at Ralphie in his bunny suit and covered her mouth in mock horror when the Bumpus hounds ate the father's Thanksgiving turkey. I marvel at how dated some of the films are but they are such classics that they tradition drives you to watch them with delight time and time again. They come out with new Christmas movies every year but its these old standards that top the list for me, and my daughter. I find them comforting and familiar and those are sentiments I can appreciate in a world that seems increasing hostile and unsettled all the time.

© Copyright 2018 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/945971-Christmas-Movies-from-the-Past