*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
19
20
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/947468-Magic
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#947468 added December 14, 2018 at 6:42pm
Restrictions: None
Magic
Prompt: "Magic becomes art when it has nothing to hide."~ Ben Okri
"Magic lies in challenging what seems impossible".~ Carol Moseley Braun
Discuss these quotes in your entry today



-----------


Magic is art when it has nothing to hide. This is when it becomes the hope to urge us to make the world a better place.

We all carry this hoping element inside ourselves ever since birth, especially when it isn't drained out of us. Being able to hope is a very strong power because hopes can turn to dreams and when we can, when our senses grow sharper and our abilities and capabilities are honed to a certain precision, then we can change what needs to be changed, create what needs to be created, and fix what needs to be fixed.

As there are many kinds of magic, what is most magical is the internal connectedness of life that we sometimes experience with people, beautiful sunsets, the ocean, the beach, a work of art, a kind word, a story or poem that speaks to us, feeling the hidden presences of the divine and those we love.

In that sense, we are all magicians, wizards, and adventurers with passion, purpose, and miracles in our hearts. If this isn’t magic, as art challenging what seems impossible, I don’t know what else to call it.



© Copyright 2018 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/947468-Magic