*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/947710-The-Meaning-of-Life-for-me
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#947710 added December 17, 2018 at 8:31pm
Restrictions: None
The Meaning of Life (for me)

Prompt: The meaning of life for some people can be the privilege of existence or to feel one’s worth or to own a dog or a myriad of other things. What is the meaning of life for you or, if you don't want to talk about yourself, someone you know or a character you’ve created?


-------

Life has so many meanings, and I don’t think our existence is a divine joke. The meaning of life is the meaning we each give to our lives. That meaning rests on our very own shoulders, and each one of us may have an individual meaning and a shared one with some others.

That meaning for me is the joy I get from being alive. It is when I am absorbed in watching, musing, thinking, reading, writing, doing something, or solving a problem or two. It is then that I feel absolutely happy because all I will ever have is whoever I am and whatever I make of myself.

Also, this means helping when I can and trying to keep away from hurting others, and not only people, other living beings, too. This means recognizing and respecting others and honoring them for who they are, even if they are very different from me.

I think the capacity to care for others is life’s deepest significance and it is what the Higher Being asks of us because while doing that, we elevate ourselves, too, whether we may be aware of it or not.


© Copyright 2018 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/947710-The-Meaning-of-Life-for-me