*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/947735-Procrastination
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #2161749
Just shooting the poop with Lori
#947735 added December 18, 2018 at 10:45am
Restrictions: None
Procrastination
Procrastination is an art form! I am the portraits master and painter of all the details that accompany the trait. Here it is six days before Christmas and I am left with a million things to do. I tell myself I work better under duress. It is a self spoken whopper meant to motivate. A tree, my treasure for a tree I offer, with none to be found. A Charlie Brown branch I resurrect in cheerful glee. The heavy ornaments hang limply with no magic wand to make them twirl. Bulbs are burned on the one strand that I wrap around the fir, so the twinkle of my tree has dimmed. Presents,haha, this is a myth! It is an exchange of needed items that time and money prevent you from buying throughout the year. Socks and underwear, anyone? Hurry, Kmart has a great sale. Grocery shopping turns into a frenzied fight of the fittest to find the best in appetizers, meats, and dips. Cleaning the house for invited guests quickly becomes a hide the dust, trash, and laundry expedition. On December 23rd, I stop! Inhale and remember the reason for the season. No stress just love for family and friend. I am excited when I finally reach that point. Merry Christmas, I have to leave now cause there is a lot to do.

© Copyright 2018 L.A. Grawitch (UN: lgrawitch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
L.A. Grawitch has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/947735-Procrastination