*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/947856-Chapter-9
Rated: 18+ · Book · Detective · #2166357
A woman looks to find out who she is
#947856 added February 5, 2019 at 11:09am
Restrictions: None
Chapter 9






Chapter 9








Brian arrived at the hospital the following day and was taken directly to Dr. Nils’ waiting room.. The doctor’s assistant led him to the doctor’s office. She gave him an even more disapproving glare as he passed her into the room.


“Mr. Jacobi, Please come in. The doctor stood with his arm out indicating Brian to sit across from him.


“”I’m afraid you won’t be able to speak with Sawyer today.” Nils sat and folded his hands over the knee he crossed.


Brian raised his eyebrow at the comment and cocked his head to one side in question.


“He became very agitated and had to be sedated. Nils appeared to be almost pleased with the situation.


“What did he do?” Brian asked.


“Before I answer that, do you know why Sawyer is here?”


Brian debated how to answer that question without tipping his hand. “I read the newspaper reports. He was picked up for disorderly conduct, having drugs with intent to sell and bring high on drugs.”


Nils nodded his head. “That’s what was reported. He was picked up for those things in general. Specifically he was apprehended for trying to kidnap children.”


Brian tensed/ He’d not known that. It must have been covered up or the parents didn’t press charges. “Interesting. Did you find out why he tried to do that?”


“Not really. Even getting him off drugs has not resolved that key.The cops had him in jail for the fourth time for the same charge. That’s when I was called.” Nils rubbed his leg as if it were giving him pain. “Brian, he didn’t resist or run away from the police. He just held the children screaming, “Mine, Mine.”


“No one figured out why or what prompted the attempted kidnapping?”


“No.”


Brian wrote a note to himself on his notebook.


“Why do you think that’s noteworthy?”


“Just to look up anything that might help to understand his actions. How was he last night?”


“After your talk and you’d left, Sawyer rolled into a fetus position and began crying for Ashley. That was his last girlfriend. He cried about his baby. Do you know anything about


“I really only know what I’ve read. You said his girlfriend was Ashley? Do you know anything about her?”


“No. I asked his parents, but they wouldn’t talk about her. I have no idea who she is. His parents won’t talk about her.” Nils uncrossed his leg and leaned his elbows on his desk. “If you can find out anything about her, it may help with his therapy.”


“If it has anything to do with his drugs and alzheimer's I'll let you know. So you think I there isn’t an chance to see him today?”


“I’m sorry Brian, no.” Nils stood and motioned him toward the door. “It was nice meeting you. I wish you good luck on your paper.”


Brian had no recourse but to leave. He didn’t want to hang around in a hotel until the good doctor allowed him to see Sawyer again. He had all he really needed. Sawyer confirmed by his actions there was a baby. The repeated “Poof baby gone.” Seemed odd. It could mean anything,

















MY Blog: www.christinamweaver.wordpress.com


Follow my journey writing a crime story 35 years in the making





My Owl sig
© Copyright 2019 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/947856-Chapter-9