*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/948025-Bruce
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1196512
Not for the faint of art.
#948025 added December 23, 2018 at 12:56am
Restrictions: None
Bruce
I'm not one for tracking celebrities. For the most part, they're people just like the rest of us, who might be prettier, or more talented, or just happened to be in the right place at the right time. They're not superior in any other way, and they're certainly not deities.

I make an exception for Bruce Springsteen.

https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/a25133821/bruce-springsteen-interview-netf...

There is, I think, a certain relationship between depression and creativity. It can be an insidious one, though - you can get more creative, but you can also get more melodramatic. Or the depression can give you all kinds of ideas, but prevent you from gathering the energy to do express them. Bruce seems to have found the balance needed to overcome this.

Springsteen has always been an inspiration for me, ever since I first heard Born to Run from a tinny AM radio a few years after it came out. That combination of words and music - to me, it's true poetry. Words alone can be inspiring. Music alone can be uplifting. Put them together in the right way, and they become transcendent.

There have been few experiences in my life more fulfilling than a Springsteen concert. Make of that what you will.

Now, I guess it's off to Netflix to see the video of the Broadway show.

© Copyright 2018 Robert Waltz (UN: cathartes02 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Robert Waltz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/948025-Bruce