*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/948284-Spotlight
Rated: E · Book · Emotional · #2093535
One man's journey to find the way home
#948284 added December 27, 2018 at 9:46am
Restrictions: None
Spotlight
Is it an opportunity or a trap door into a place I do not wish to go. The agency has a spotlight segment to it. I can picture myself sharing my own saga. The horror of a hospital stay gone wrong in young adult years, while I was in ministry school.

The only rub is to sort out what the spotlight reveals. I know to well the bipolar stretch to represent truth without getting torn apart in the process. There is the voice of Declan Smith who saw me as a shell of a person as I exited the state hospital, the house manager of sun house. Just before I took a bus to Kansas City. We are expecting great things out of you. I had indeed come a long way. I finished college Cum laude, and eventually would become an ordained minister, who served as chaplain supervisor at a state hospital for a few years till I became pastor again in the inner city.
I celebrate my work at Erie homes serves as the culmination of the journey in the role of a DSP at Whitney Way. I have admired the fantastic work of staff in addressing the needs of 5 men at Whitney Way. In particular I have found the house manager to be the best teacher I have ever known. She genuinely cares about the individual needs of residents and staff. Whitney way is home and nowhere was this more apparent than when one of our residents was getting picked up by me from a hospital stay. When he realized he was going home his face lit up and vocalized all manner of happy noise. There were hugs for all when he got home. There is no place like experiencing home through the eyes of residents at Whitney. And that being said I am very grateful for second chances. I was welcomed back by our ps Kim, after serving at Walbridge for a time as overnight staff. I pray that with God's help I can make the best of what time I have left even if it is for only for one more day, because that in a is a sense the only day any of us knows about. Spotlight is on how erie homes is and is becoming the best place to work.

© Copyright 2018 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/948284-Spotlight