*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/948699-Fragrance-of-a-Book
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#948699 added January 2, 2019 at 11:08am
Restrictions: None
Fragrance of a Book
Prompt: "Open a volume and next comes fragrance: fresh, green and inky if it's new or a bit dusty and aged like a grandfather's cozy den" Which do you like better, new books or old books?

====

The physical aspects of a book don’t matter much to me, as long as it is readable. Then, its contents, what is written inside it, are the most important. When I was younger, before the electronic anything, the smell of books, old or new, used to stay with me forever. Then came the E-readers.

I now read an old book or a new one on a Kindle, as long as what is written speaks to me in some way. In fact, I prefer to read on an E-reader or my cell phone because something so small and light can contain large volumes that I can hold easily and carry with me wherever I go. In which case, the smell of warm rich words, forgotten verse, and deep thoughts are the better choice to make me feel happy.


© Copyright 2019 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/948699-Fragrance-of-a-Book