*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/948869-Writing-Your-Truth--Romance-for-the-Ages
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#948869 added January 4, 2019 at 9:59am
Restrictions: None
Writing Your Truth & Romance for the Ages
"Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise"
DAY 1845 January 4, 2019
In your own non-fiction,have you struggled with representing yourself honestly while being conscious of how others might view you? Do you have any suggestions for non-fiction writers?


My one suggestion, and it is a personally difficult one for me to make, is to always "write your truth" - regardless of the reaction that might provoke in others. Understand that you will never go wrong being true to yourself and whatever you write will have credibility because it is written from that place of honest emotion - even if that means facing opposition from others. I have written several pieces over the years that, for one reason or another, have put me at odds with loved ones and family members. While their duress was an unfortunately side effect of my writing, I could justify it only by saying I never censor my non-fiction. I always write from a place in my heart, that is the only way I can assure my writing is as honest and as candid as it should always be. It has not always gone well admittedly but I take pride in that fact that I have never compromised my writing for anyone. I've never set out to intentionally disparage anyone, never written anything out of spite or malice. I have however, written with unflinching honest about my feelings and perceptions, my opinions and my thoughts - and that has been enough at times, to leave me more isolated than I would have imagined. At the end of the day, my non-fiction work represents me most accurately and it is the part of my craft I give the most credit too. I protect my integrity as a writer even though it is not the easy path sometimes.


"Blogging Circle of Friends "
DAY 2238 January 4, 2019
First loves are often depicted in literature as feverish obsessions that last forever. Let's discus one example of this type of obsession or better described as a toxic romance between Catherine and Heathcliff in Emily Bronte's Wuthering Heights. Has romance writing evolved from Bronte's time? What's more marketable classical romance or modern romance? Do you think today's readers can relate to this kind of obsession or would they be turned off by it?


I've never been a huge fan of romance. I think while there are some lovely virtues around the classical romances like that of Catherine and Heathcliff, that kind of romance can not help but seem dated. Society has changed so much as it relates to social norms and romantic interactions. However, clearly given the success of the Fifty Shades franchise, there is a still a market for obsession soaked romance. I personally saw Mr. Gray as borderline psychotic but that's just me. I tend like my romance with a little kink but a lot less crippling insecurity.

© Copyright 2019 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/948869-Writing-Your-Truth--Romance-for-the-Ages