*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/949064-BCOF-2241-Happy-Monday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2131773
Charity's views on writing, ramblings, and everything else that she decides to share.
#949064 added January 7, 2019 at 12:03am
Restrictions: None
BCOF 2241: Happy Monday!
Happy Monday

Prompt: Pick a title either (1) Happy Monday or (2) Blessed Monday and write about the reason Monday is either happy or blessed.

Mondays are blessed because they end. Because they only happen once a week. This is the first Monday of 2019 and therefore it's doing double duty. Monday's are days when I have more energy because of the rest and relaxation (hopefully) of the weekend. Here's some tips to make your Mondays suck less.

Tip 1

Many personal coaches will tell you the only reason Monday's suck is because your attitude toward them sucks. I tend to agree with that. Monday's tend to be my busiest and most productive days, as opposed to Friday's where all my energy is spent and I've got weekend-itis.

Tip 2

Look at Monday's as a chance to do something new. You've got an entire week to achieve your goals. I like to set a goal for the week, or multiple small goals I'm going to work on each day of the week until it's completed. My deadline is the end of the day Friday so I have "earned" my weekend to relax without guilt. With my writing it might be a reviewing goal or a short story. This week it's editing my nonfiction book. Use each week as a way to march your way toward your year or month goals.

By the weekend, I want to have book one completely edited and ready for more revision. By using Mondays to set goals you can start the week on a powerful stride and get yourself to that longed for weekend that much faster!

Tip 3

Make a weekend plan so you have something fun to look forward to after a week of hard work toward your goals. For me, it might be the latest movie I've been dying to see, or curling up with a new book. Maybe it's a trip to a restaurant with my hubby. Or a manicure. I usually give myself this treat regardless of whether I achieved my goal or not (after all, there's always next week!). Plus, even if you don't make your goal, you worked hard toward it right? So don't punish yourself for failure, instead celebrate what achievements and progress you did make.

Tip 4

Even if you don't succeed in your goal, every Monday is a chance to try again! So don't let the frustration get to you. Dust yourself off and try, try, try again! That's what Monday's are best for!

Tip 5

It doesn't make sense to actually hate Mondays and it can become a self-fulfilling prophecy. If you tell yourself it will be a horrible, rotten, awful, no good day, it will be! So flip that nasty attitude on its head, turn that frown into a smile and welcome Monday with open arms. It deserves your appreciation as much as any other day of the week does!

While not every Monday will likely be blessed, if you believe it will be, chances are pretty good it will be.

New Sig for Rising Stars

Charity Marie
Join us on Discord for real-time chats!: https://discordapp.com/invite/Wa8sgg8

Need something to review? Access my portfolio showcase here:
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2177494 by Not Available.


  

© Copyright 2019 Charity Marie - <3 (UN: cmstarrett at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Charity Marie - <3 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/949064-BCOF-2241-Happy-Monday