*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/949255-Testimonies-and-Winter-Dreams
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#949255 added January 9, 2019 at 9:31am
Restrictions: None
Testimonies and Winter Dreams
"Blogging Circle of Friends "
DAY 2243 January 9, 2019
“Everyone must leave something behind when he dies, my grandfather said. A child or a book or a painting or a house or a wall built or a pair of shoes made. Or a garden planted. Something your hand touched some way so your soul has somewhere to go when you die, and when people look at that tree or that flower you planted, you're there.
Hopefully we've a long time ahead of us but it is nice to think ahead. Contemplation is good for soul, don't you agree? What will you leave behind, what difference do you hope to make?


Maybe it is the same with everyone who is a parent, but I feel like my legacy will live on in my daughter and in my daughter's children. The lessons I teach her, the passions I encourage to her pursue, the feeling that she has been loved unconditionally...those are all parts of me I leave with her when I go. I like to think they are like building blocks in her soul and though she will build her own life and future, those blocks remain like keystones or cornerstones - a permanent like to me.

I also leave her my words...all the things I wrote about her, about raising her and loving her. My writing is the truest reflection of who I am as a person, so once I am gone, she has this forever representation of who I was and how I felt about my world and her place in it. I dream about writing a book for her, a collection of these pieces, that she can keep forever as a testimony. I have been diligent about keeping a blog, writing through her milestones and hope to continue to do that as long as I am able to.

It is nice to think about leaving some more physical behind...a building or a park...a tree? I'm obsessed with this idea about natural burial alternatives. I think it would be absolutely lovely to have my body fertilize a tree. I think about how much nicer for my loved ones to visit with my memory by sitting under the branches of a broad, lush tree than with a cold gravestone in a cemetery somewhere. I hope I live the kind of life that my loved ones still feel my presence even after I am gone..and are grateful for it.

"Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise"
Day 1850 January 9, 2019
Prompt: In the winter, she curls up with a good book and dreams away the cold. What is your take on this?


My take on this prompt is that this is exactly what I would like to be doing right now. It might be odd but I actually enjoy the cold. I am a child of Fall and Winter. I enjoy snow and a fire in the fireplace. It is calming when I don't have to navigate snowy New England roads to get to work at least. I love the idea of a mid-week snow storm that means there is no school, and by default for me, no work. The idea of having free time to curl up and read is like balm on my soul. I'm imagining it right now.... *Delight*

© Copyright 2019 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/949255-Testimonies-and-Winter-Dreams