*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/949432-Name-It
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#949432 added January 11, 2019 at 2:32pm
Restrictions: None
Name It!
Tell us the story of your name. How and why was it chosen? You can choose to talk about your real name, your WDC username, or even your handle if you like!


owl for signature useFunny, isn't it? We hear the same name and while they see dark, I see light.”
― Nadia Hashimi, The Pearl That Broke Its Shell
https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/tag/baby-names


My mother died when I was 6 so I don't have too many personal experience memories. One thing I remember is her bending over me on a sofa and telling me that my brother picked my first name because he had a girl friend by that name. He is 5 years older than me. So, I guess he was 5 at the time. She also told me that he taught me to color.

One day, I was writing an article, about winter tadpoles in the natural pond on our property. This was sometime when I was choosing a name to use on *WDC*. I used, A Pond and fastened IA on the end and became APONDIA. I just liked the sound of the word. Now, I use it when I am playing kindle games too.

I like to name pets. I'm always disgusted when I here a dog or cat is called SAM or George or some other common human name. We have a pony named Sprinkle after the sprinkles on cookies or cupcakes. I prefer exotic names. I had a thoroughbred named Power Hustler. He had a special little jump and twist when you first mounted that put his previous owner on crutches for a while. I owned a quarter horse, whose registered name was Tweet Hornet. When I was a child, our family dog was Rags and later my own young family had a dog named Happy. We had a Great Dane named Porky and a Saint Bernard who was very large named Avalanche. If he sat on you, you would be squashed.

Naming things is kind of an interesting thing to do. When we were farming we called the farm Pallet Place because pallets were cheap and we used them for fencing to keep the animals home. Now the pallets are all down and burned leaving a large lawn and lots of time on a mower in the summer.

Today, that yard has 2 to 3 feet of snow. All white. Very cold. Sunshine today. Birds flooding the feeders.

Merit Badge in The Monthly Reading Challenge
[Click For More Info]

Congratulations on finishing [Link to Forum Post #3207655] for September 2018 *^*Delight*^**^*Bookopen*^*!

~Minja See Ya!

© Copyright 2019 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/949432-Name-It